Friday, September 3, 2010

Mockingjay Book Tour

*There are no Mockingjay spoilers!*


Last Friday I was lucky enough to be able to attend one of the book signings (stamping) for Mockingjay! I had to drive an hour to get there, but I was able to get a copy of Mockingjay stamped by Suzanne Collins. She has a hand injury and can't write much so a special stamp was made just for the Mockingjay Book Tour. Unfortunatley, I was also one of the older attendees there (I'm only 24!), most of the audience was made up of middle school/high school aged students.

Collins read a passage from Catching Fire and then she read us the first chapter of Mockingjay. It's weird listening to how Katniss sounds to her because to me Katniss sounds so different. Also, the way Collins pronounces Panem is different then how I say it in my head as I'm reading along.









After the book signing I went down the street to the bookstore that hosted the event and a few minutes later in walks Suzanne Collins and her publicist. But I'm such a dork that I didn't say anything to her. I'm kicking myself now because she was like three feet away from me...but I didn't want to bother her either.

No comments: